WINDOW ROCK, Ariz. – The Navajo Nation on Monday reported three new confirmed COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths again.
The tribe had six new cases and three coronavirus-related deaths on Saturday and six new cases and no deaths Sunday.
Tribal health officials said the total number of cases since the pandemic began more than a year ago now is 30,522 on the vast reservation that covers parts of Arizona, New Mexico and Utah with 1,281 known deaths.
Navajo Nation President Jonathan Nez said more than half of the reservation’s adult population has been vaccinated, but people still need to stay home as much as possible, wear masks and avoid large gatherings.
Last week, the Navajo Department of Health loosened some virus-driven restrictions and transition to “yellow status.”
Restaurants now are allowed to have in-door dining at 25% capacity and outdoor dining at 50% capacity. Parks are permitted to open at 25% capacity but only for residents and employees. Navajo casinos are open at 50% capacity, but only for residents and staff members.